Friday, April 8, 2011

#1 When your itunes reads your mind.

There's this blog I have been reading and it is amazing. It's this lady and she writes strictly about things that she loves and or thinks is awesome! So I am going to give it a try, and I am going to try to make it to one hundred "awesome" things.

Sometimes music knows exactly what your thinking.

Sometimes it can put things in perspective, before you can.

I was sitting on my bed with my laptop, eating popcorn and watching One Tree Hill, which is a habitual  night routine at my house. I am a multi-tasker and I tend to listen to music and watch TV at the same time. Well, my itunes was on shuffle and have you ever caught your subconscious thinking of something than all of a sudden after a particular song came it was brought to your consciousness. That is actually what happened. Like I said before, music controls and runs my life...in a good way. I make cd's and playlist's all the time. Each tending to a specific side of me, because you never know what emotion is going to be held on the other side of that corner. I feel like music is made up a little of the actual sound and singer talent, but mostly meaning of the lyrics, underlying at best, but it is there to analysis.

So listen up to what is being played, I tend to think its hidden messages. Reinsurance for that ache you have in your stomach or that smile in your heart. From your sadder days to your most inspiring days to your achieving finally on the top days, music has it all. It's like shopping, you can't look too hard to find, because it has a weird way of making its appearance when you need it the most.

This song...which happens to be one of my favorite of all time! Starting with a guitar solo from the lead guitar John Rzeznik, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls is one that will always be in my playlist. This song makes you want to learn the guitar and play along right with him, maybe that should be the affect that songs have on you. :)
p.s. if you have any ideas for my 100 "awesome" things. comment and tell me!

signing out.-there's nowhere to go but up!

No comments:

Post a Comment