Sunday, April 10, 2011

no room for fear...


Breast cancer is among the leading causing of death in women in the United States. Breast cancer does not discriminate on whom it affects. Unfortunately, death is something that this world has become used to, even the word cancer. But now with the technological advances they are making in the study of breast cancer research, its not a death sentence like it used to be. Now there's mamograms and even MRI's, which are supposedly the "Golden Standard" of early detection. What has changed the most would be the different methods of treatment, from chemotherapy to stereotactic biopsy. It is all up to the patient and how serious they are about fighting this disease.

The lady from whom I recieved my name (or so she says:)), was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. My Aunt Lynn would be the first to tell you breast cancer cannot control your life. She is a beautiful person and even though her fight with this is sometimes unbearable and even unmanagable she has never given up. I admire her for that, and you know I have never told her that. I love her very much, but you know when you have that elephant in the room, that's always been an issue for me. I would rather hide my feelings, because hiding from them is a lot easier than facing them wholeheartedly. I do not know quite know what my Aunt Lynn has gone through, she has had chemotherapy and that caused the loss of her hair. She is definately a survior though. She has always been a fun and loving person, for as long as I can remember her. She would always not fail in her efforts to please everyone and anyone that she knew or came to know. I know she will never give up and fall to the feet of breast cancer and like I said it is not a death sentence. That pain that she feels at times, whether it be heartache or saddness, she stays strong for herself and even her family, who desperately wish they could be fighting this disease for her. In life, things do happen. What are you going to do? Quit? No, realize now that when your faced with unprecedented amount of fear, you got to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive, because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion, saddness? That's there to remind you that somewhere out there there is something better and that something is worth fighting for. My Aunt Lynn is unflagging to give my family the image that she is alright, but what she doesn't realize is that the person we all wish we could be... is her. She gives off a glow, a radiance as she fights this battle head on. It may be an uphill battle but she doesn't care, she knows that one day she will beat this cancer before it would ever beat her. There is nowhere to go but up, from here!

This song is one of the most inspiring, well yes, sad too. But my Aunt is truly tough. So here's the music video for Tough by Craig Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment